- How is social networking transforming nonprofit and social change efforts?
- Or is it just lulling us into a false sense of confidence?
- Aren?t the forces against change just as empowered by social networking as we are?
- How can I, as an individual, have a meaningful impact on the most pressing global issues of the day?
- How can we cope with (and even thrive from) the fire hose of information that social networking unleashes?
Join us for an evening of conversation about the current and future state of social networking, and its role in changing the world, as well as ourselves. Our next Net Tuesday will be on September 7 (just after Labor Day), beginning at 6:00 PM at the Friends Center at 1501 Cherry Street
Our special guest will be Deanna Zandt
. Deanna is a New York-based media technologist, consultant to key progressive media organizations including AlterNet
and Jim Hightower?s Hightower Lowdown
, and a Research Fellow at the Center for Social Media at American University
. She is also author of the recently published book Share This! How You Will Change the World with Social Networking
Deanna has a unique perspective on the profound impact of social networking. And so do each of us
? whether you?re coming from the perspective of a non-profit, a techie, an activist, a venture capitalist or a cynic. So, come and add your voice to this conversation, which promises to be inspiring, informative and interactive.
As usual, light food will be available. So will copies of Deanna?s book for purchase ? though you might want to get hold of it sooner via Amazon
Special thanks to Evolve Strategies for sponsoring this evening
, and to the American Friends Service Committee
for providing the venue.