Marketing Consultant Position
Old City District, a Special Services District
located in Philadelphia's
historic area, is seeking to hire an independent contractor to
support new marketing programs. Working with a marketing
committee, staff and festival committees, this role will support the
planning and execution of a number of key projects, including two
large-scale events being planned for 2014 and the pending launch of a new
website. This part-time role involves approximately 30 hours/week, and
may require some or all of the following:
- Website and social media - develop and manage content on
the new website, feed content to eNewsletter Facebook, Twitter,
YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Event logistics planning - work with staff and committees
to plan and implement new festivals. Includes outreach and
communications with business community.
- Public relations - develop content/materials to position
festivals and other events to the media and the public.
- Sponsorship development and sales - create sponsorship
packages, prospect and deliver presentations to prospective
sponsors. Manage relationships and deliver on sponsorship
- Writing - copy development for sponsorship proposals,
brochures, press releases, website, eNewsletter, reports.
- Research - identification of other events' sponsorship
packages, identification of prospects for sponsorship opportunities
for our festivals.
- Outreach - emailing, phone calling, organizing meetings.
- Computer - knowledge of word processing, email systems,
spreadsheets, design software.
- Reporting - database updating, recording of meeting
minutes, writing update memos, etc.
- Project management - oversight of processes, schedules and
Please send your resume, list of recent marketing projects
and a recent writing sample to: [address removed]. The
deadline is Wednesday March 5. As this is a contract position, benefits
will not be offered. No telephone calls please.