Come enjoy a beautiful Saturday with the Phoenix Philanthropists assisting Paz de Cristo, one of our newest partners, distribute essential food boxes to our East Valley neighbors in need. In a very friendly and welcoming environment, volunteers will guide and assist clients in as they make their much-needed selections in the food pantry. It's a wonderful and rewarding way to make a difference.
Paz de Cristo is able to distribute over 1300 food boxes throughout each month to those most in need only with the help of volunteers who assist in welcoming clients in the waiting area and walking with them across the parking lot to the pantry, providing them with a box and pushcart, assisting them with their selections at each food station in the pantry, helping them load boxes into their vehicles, and/or retrieving carts from the parking lot. So please join us to help ensure hundreds of individuals and families have what they need to keep from going hungry and malnourished.
• IMPORTANT GROUP AGE GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS: The minimum age to volunteer at Paz de Cristo is 12-years-old, and we are limited as a group, not individuals, to a student-to-adult ratio. The ratio on this date is 2-students-to-5-adult Philanthropists. As the two (2) student spots are available on a FIRST-COME/FIRST-SERVED basis, please check comments to see if there is indication that they are already taken, and, if not, RSVP for yourself and a guest, then email the host (Lori) with the name and age of the student you would like to bring to check for availability. If a student spot is no longer available, you will be notified.
• ATTIRE: Please wear comfortable clothing (no bare midriffs/shoulders, tank tops, spaghetti straps, or short shorts) and, for your safety, you must wear closed-toed shoes.
• PARKING & ENTRANCE: Please only park behind (north of) the building to the left as you enter from Broadway, even if you have to double, triple, or quadruple park. The rest of the parking lot is needed for the high volume of client traffic. Then walk to the other (east most) building and go to the front (south) entrance to sign in.
• IMPORTANT EVENT ATTENDANCE: As Paz de Cristo asks for the exact amount of volunteers needed to make the night run seamlessly for everyone, it is VERY IMPORTANT you change your RSVP to "NO," if you are no longer able to attend, and that you DO NOT CANCEL ON THE LAST DAY, as all spots need to be filled
• MORE ABOUT Paz de Cristo Outreach Center: In addition to providing over 1300 food boxes each month, Paz de Cristo also provides evening meal service every night of the year, clothing, hygiene kits, transportation assistance, mail service, housing and medical referral services and much more to those in need. For more information, visit the Paz de Cristo web site.
Phoenix Philanthropists Attendance Policy: We understand that plans change and emergencies come up. If you RSVP YES but can no longer attend, PLEASE change your RSVP ASAP. Our charity partners rely on us to attend when we say we will and our attendance policy is intended to ensure we can meet our charity partners' expectations. Please give as much prior notice as possible, but at a minimum of 2 hours notice for this event before canceling. No Call/No Shows will be recorded, and after 3 No Call No Shows/month or 6 No Call No Shows/year, you will be removed from the Phoenix Philanthropists Meetup. Please understand this policy is not intended to penalize our philanthropists, but to ensure we maintain good relationships with our charity partners and can give the most back to our community.