The remarkable organization, Children First Academy, has a need for volunteers to work the holiday store. Volunteers will walk students from class to the store, help them navigate the holiday store and choose gifts, and help wrap/bag gifts. Students have the opportunity to shop for a holiday gift for one sibling and one parent from donations CFA has been collecting over the past month. Volunteers will be making a difference by making the holidays a memorable time for our students. Please join the Phoenix Philanthropists for this important and rewarding event.
• TIME OF EVENT: Event will go from 9am - 3pm. AM shift is from 9am-Noon. PM shift is from Noon-3pm. Post in the comments "AM", "PM", or "Both" so we know when to expect your participation. Please arrive 15 min before your shift begins so that we can begin the event on time.
• AGE GUIDELINES: Children, ages 18 and up, may volunteer at this event accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Please be sure a Phoenix Philanthropists Release Form is completed for each child.
• RELEASE FORM: If you have not already, please complete the online Phoenix Philanthropists Release Form. Though the instructions on this form still say to print it, that is not necessary as the form is now fully automated.
• DRESS CODE: Please wear comfortable clothing that will adhere to the Children First Academy dress code (no bare midriffs/shoulders, tank tops, spaghetti straps, or short shorts).
• DPS FINGERPRINT CARD: Not necessary to have one to participate, but if you do have one, please bring it with you.
• ABOUT OUR CHARITY PARTNER: Children First Academy is a non-profit charter school that accepts and teaches highly at-risk and underprivileged students. A vast majority of their students are homeless; they are living in shelters, motels, couch surfing, or on the streets. All of them are growing up below the poverty line. CFA does its best to cater to the special needs of this unique student population by providing extensive transportation to keep them in a steady school environment, provide them with free medical and dental services, pet therapy and counseling, clean clothes, free breakfast and lunch, and food bags for the weekends. Volunteers help CFA give their students a high level of education by breaking down the barriers to learning. To learn more, go to Children First Academy's website.
• PHOENIX PHILANTHROPISTS ATTENDANCE POLICY: We understand that plans change and emergencies come up. If you RSVP YES but can no longer attend, PLEASE change your RSVP ASAP. Our charity partners rely on us to attend when we say we will and our attendance policy is intended to ensure we can meet our charity partners' expectations. Please give as much prior notice as possible, but at a minimum of 2 hours notice for this event before canceling. No Call/No Shows will be recorded, and after 3 No Call No Shows/month or 6 No Call No Shows/year, you will be removed from the Phoenix Philanthropists Meetup. Please understand this policy is not intended to penalize our philanthropists, but to ensure we maintain good relationships with our charity partners and can give the most back to our community.