Please join the Phoenix Philanthropists for special early morning engagement as we have great fun sorting and packing non-perishable food at St. Mary's, the world's premiere and model food bank. Come enjoy a wonderful family-friendly environment as we work together to sort food, to ensure its integrity, and prepare food boxes with much-needed nutritious essentials for those struggling most in our community. So let's make a difference together!
And you can even make an even bigger difference! Simply bring non-perishable food donations and you will be helping even further to ensure no one in our community will be without food.
• ATTIRE: Please wear your Phoenix Philanthropists T-Shirt or other comfortable clothing (no: sleeveless shirts, tanks, spaghetti straps, exposed midriffs, or short shorts) for a non-temperature controlled warehouse environment. Closed-toed shoes are required for your safety.
• AGE GUIDELINES: The minimum age to volunteer for this event is 12-years-old, in the accompaniment of a parent or guardian. This is a wonderful project for kids to learn the importance of helping those in need.
• PHOENIX PHILANTHROPISTS RELEASE FORM: If you have not already, please complete the online Phoenix Philanthropists Release Form. A form should also be completed by any adult guests of members; and for each participating child under 18, by their parent or legal guardian. Though the instructions on this form still say to print it, that is not necessary as the form is now fully automated.
• PARKING: Please enter the lot from 31st Avenue, and follow the signs to the large volunteer parking lot in the back (northeast parking lot).
• VALUABLES: Please leave valuables, including purses and backpacks, at home or in your vehicle. St. Mary’s Food Bank is not responsible for lost and/or stolen items brought into their facilities.
• ENTRANCE: Walk up the large ramp to the roll-up door--it will automatically open for volunteer heroes--then sign in at St. Mary's computers, and check in with the Phoenix Philanthropists' Host.
• ATTENDANCE: If, after signing up for this event, you are are no longer able to attend, PLEASE update your RSVP ASAP. This allows other volunteers the opportunity to participate, and, most importantly, allows us to keep our commitments to best assist our charity partners.
Phoenix Philanthropists Attendance Policy: We understand that plans change and emergencies come up. If you RSVP YES but can no longer attend, PLEASE change your RSVP ASAP. Our charity partners rely on us to attend when we say we will and our attendance policy is intended to ensure we can meet our charity partners' expectations. Please give as much prior notice as possible, but at a minimum of 2 hours notice for this event before canceling. No Call/No Shows will be recorded, and after 3 No Call No Shows/3 months or 6 No Call No Shows/year, you will be removed from the Phoenix Philanthropists Meetup. Please understand this policy is not intended to penalize our philanthropists, but to ensure we maintain good relationships with our charity partners and can give the most back to our community.