This is a volunteer fair that will feature some of the largest and well-established nonprofits in the valley. The focus is on human service needs and organizations that offer volunteer opportunities in helping the homeless, women, those in need of food, health care, community services and life-skill development.
We may be asking for a few volunteers to help out with the event, but this is mainly an event for our members to attend to find out more about the ongoing volunteer opportunities available with some of the organizations we serve on a regular basis and a couple that are new to our group.
Event Time: 9:30-11:30
If you are interested in helping out with the event (from 8:30 - noon), please notate your RSVP
Organizations that will be present:
- Mission of Mercy (Mobile Health Care Clinics)
- St. Mary’s Food Bank
- Phoenix Philanthropists
- Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development
- UMOM New Day Center (Homeless Shelter for families)
- Fresh Start Women’s Resource Center
- Golden Gate Community Center
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Learn or develop skills or teach your skills to others
- Gain work experience; Make networking contacts
- Meet new people
- Feel needed and valued; Build confidence
- Improve your health
- Make a difference in someone’s life
Thanks for all you do!