We need at least 8 people to run this event. Please consider joining us this evening!
This is our regular Monday evening at the UMOM Watkins Overflow Shelter.
We will spend quality time with the children at the Watkins overflow homeless shelter. Activities include:
- Arts & crafts
- Board games
- fun activities for all ages of kids!
Feel free to bring an arts and crafts project that can work for up to 30 kids.
We can always use more supplies, specifically:
- Play Doh, preferably the larger size cans of Play Doh.
- Foam letter stickers and sticker books are always good to contribute.
- Balls! General sports, football, basketball, etc...
- At this time we have plenty of games, toys, crayons and other items other than what was just mentioned.
The shelter also really appreciates donations of clothes and books!!!
Plan on being there from 6 pm to 8 pm. We will be interacting with kids from 6 months to early teens. UMOM is a faith-based organization. Minimum age for this event will be 12 with an accompanying parent or guardian.
MOST importantly, please check back on the event posting on the date of the event to see the number of volunteers signed up. If at 4pm, there are 8 or more volunteers signed up, then the event is a "go" for that day. If there are less than 8 volunteers signed up, then the event is understood to be cancelled.
Thanks for all you do!