align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Worcester Alliance of Photographers - AKA: WAP Message Board › Flower fields in Mass?

Flower fields in Mass?

Stefany F.
user 13074437
Auburn, MA
Post #: 20
Hi all! I was wondering if anybody knew of any large flower fields in Massachusetts for portraits? The only ones I could find were flower festivals or an event, but don't know of any natural fields. Please let me know. Thank you!
A former member
Post #: 123
Hi Stefany,

Tower Hill in Boylston has two huge Daffodil fields in back of the buildings. There is a charge to visit, however, some libraries offer passes for folks who have library cards. It allows 4 people to enter for free. Check your library for passes. You may or may not need special permission from Tower Hill to conduct a photo shoot. Tower Hill Link

Also, Moore State Park in Paxton has an abundance of beautiful Rhododendron. There is no charge to enter the property. Check with them to see if there is a charge to have a professional photo shoot. And there is a large parking area. Moore State Park Link

Check with them for rules for photographing on their property, and the time of year when the flowers bloom. Maybe someone in your photo group(s) can shed more light on the rules for photographers at these locations.
Stefany F.
user 13074437
Auburn, MA
Post #: 23
Thank you very much! I'll be looking into both
Priscilla M.
user 13644753
Holden, MA
Post #: 48
There are several sunflower fields in western MA. Also, just google individual types of flowers.
Alix P.
user 10845231
Windham, NH
Post #: 1
There is a beautiful field of daffodils in Falmouth MA. I have taken photos there for my paintings. You can go in and wonder around. I'll ask my friend for the name if you are interested.
Sherrie
user 7117237
Rutland, MA
Post #: 1
I've inquired about portraits at Tower Hill. They charge a fee to portrait photographers over $100/hour, they require appointments and times are very limited. You can go to photograph just the flowers without any additional fee.