addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The South Bay Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Our First outing

Our First outing

Patrick
PjTraveler
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
four of us met at Rancho San Antonio (we didn't have any problems identifying ourselves). We spent a couple of hours taking shots. I hope that all four of us will post pics. And if we are daring, before and after Photoshop.

Afterwards, we went into executive session over coffee and pastries and decided that the nextgroup outing should be in about a month to take pics of downtown San Jose with Christmas lights, new city hall, etc. We will probably meet at the Tech museum. More later as we develop details.

There was some talk of trying to get some of us together to take pics over on west cliff before then....

If you have some interest in either event please respond.

:-)
Sinu
user 2414126
Castro Valley, CA
Post #: 1
Hey

Sorry that I couldnt attend the first outing..got stuck with some urgent stuff.
Looking forward to see the great pics!!

Sinu
A former member
Post #: 1
Sorry we missed your first meeting at Rancho San Antonio. On our way there we saw a Great Blue Heron and stopped to take pictures. By the time we got to the parking lot it was around 3:30, so we wandered around the grounds at the Maryknoll seminary and took pictures there. Here's evidence of our advendures:

Heron

Maryknoll

We're going back to Rancho San Antonio today to take pictures and hike.
A former member
Post #: 2
Schedule permitting.... I would love to be @ the next meetup to take pix of Christmas lights. Will this be @ night for the FULL effect? Or during daylight hours? I have not been inside the new city hall yet, and am interested in seeing what the interior looks like.
Dawn
user 2410284
San Jose, CA
Post #: 2
*grin* Now what Patrick failed to mention we didn't have trouble spotting him, due to the Canon on Tripod he'd set up as a failsafe attention getter. (tho, on reflection... it wasn't the 400 lens)

(Sidenote to Tammy- yep, night shots for Christmas in the park! )

Christmas in the Park opens up Thanksgiving weekend it looks like on their website. (must remember to find my tripod straps for my backpack.. ) There is debate over is the Tech Museum a safe spot to meet however.... All that nearby technology...beckoning... beckoning....

Dawn-Still looking forward to seeing more photos posted to the San Antonio Album.