The South Bay Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Any suggesting for a good local Camera shop?

Any suggesting for a good local Camera shop?

Michael H.
user 41930342
Fremont, CA
Post #: 6
When I'm shopping locally I typically shop at San Jose Camera. Does anyone know of any other good local camera shops around?
jcdill
user 6884677
San Jose, CA
Post #: 33
The best camera shop locally is Keeble & Shuchatt in Palo Alto. They *may* price-match the price of a camera from Adorama, if you ask, but they won't price-match for things like batteries - they know if you need it now (rather than waiting for a fedex package to arrive tomorrow or next week) you will pay full retail.

You can also try Calumet in San Francisco. Avoid Gasser in SF if you care about customer service, because they don't.

You can also try ordering camera gear from B&H instead of Adorama. B&H is the larger of the 2 NYC stores, will usually have more selection, etc.
Helen O.
user 59613692
Richmond, VA
Post #: 14

Dear Michael

Please accept my sincere apologies for the failure to fulfil your order in a timely manner; we regret deeply the dissatisfaction and disappointment that was caused to you.
As you are aware, one of the representatives entering your details did indeed make an error when entering your shipping details, which resulted in the ensuing problems.
While this was not a malicious act, or intended to cause you pain or distress, but a genuine human error on the part of a single person, the management team has been made fully aware of how this impacted on you, and appropriate steps have been taken internally to ensure that this cannot be repeated.

When you contacted me by email you advised me that:

“….even for one second, really believed someone there at Adorama was truly sorry for this situation or really tried to resolve this issue in a timely manner I would have been totally understanding and a returning customer. At this point I will no longer do any business with Adorama and from my postings below you can see I am letting everyone know, that I can possibly reach, that they should stay away from Adorama and take their business elsewhere.”

As a family business we take great pride in the service that we give to our customers as you can see by our excellent ratings on all major review sites such as BizRate, Reseller Ratings etc. While we strive to offer 100% customer satisfaction at all times, there is no doubt that we failed you for which we are genuinely sorry. We have issued you with a complete refund, and have offered to compensate you.

I am aware that you have posted this identical feedback on a dozen or so photography forums etc already and am saddened that there is nothing I can do or say to persuade you to remove or amend any of these postings.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com