The South Bay Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Greetings from the Southern Hemisphere!

Greetings from the Southern Hemisphere!

A former member
Post #: 6

Hello everyone my name is Daniel. I joined this group while I was still stationed in San Jose California. I was able to make it out to the Walk-about in the Mission District Graffiti Alleys. Hola Alice y Miguel! However, opportunity knocked on my door and I now find myself in Santiago, Chile! Currently I am working with the local music television channel VIA X on a show called BlogTV. It is a great experience but one thing I am lacking is groups like these. The ability to meet and discuss the playing field topics is of great importance, I believe, to any aspiring photographer. There is a rumor flying around that there exists a collective here in Santiago. It is allegedly made up of all the photographers from various no-longer-existant-magazines. The situation with magazines is serious here. Newspapers are still selling strong thanks to the cultural/traditional base that it has has over many years. Chile prides itself in being the first Latin-American country to have a modern newspaper agency; El Mercurio de Valparaiso, Chile. Magazines on the other hand are hurting bad.
My question is this:
Do any of you know of any photographers operating out of Santiago, Chile? I would love to meet them and have some coffee or a Pisco-Sour.
We will hopefully get to meet up again when I return to the north to receive my diploma from San Jose State University around the last week of May. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Daniel Alfredo Figueroa
P.S. Apologies if anyone gets mad that I posted this on the other groups I joined...