align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The South Bay Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Fall Colors trip to the Eastern Sierra

Fall Colors trip to the Eastern Sierra

Patrick
PjTraveler
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
I'm planning to go Oct 9th-11th this year.
I'll be staying at the Boulder Lodge in June Lake, www.boulderlodgejunelake.com, (760) 648-7533.

I'm hoping that others will also be going that weekend and that we might meetup for dinner and to compare notes on locations that are working since it varies from year to year.

If you think you might be over there, send me a note and I'll give you my cell phone so that we might meetup and compare notes. And if this is your first time and you want some guide service, bring a walkie talkie and we can arrange to travel in caravan.

If this is your first year to do this. Here is the advice:

• ASAP get reservations on where you will stay. Places are sold out for fall colors. My first year I had to pay to stay in a covered wagon.

• Get a map (AAA is good, or you can buy them there)
  • Bring an alarm clock, most of the shots are best early morning as it is East facing
  • Bring a variety of clothes
  • Bring a variety of camera gear, you will probably have an opportunity to use it.
  • Be prepared to drive

Pictures I've taken in the past can be found at Patrick Lynch Photography

If you have any questions drop me a line

Typical itenerary:
-Leave Friday morning
-Stop Olmstead point
-Stop & climb a dome in Toulome
-Dinner at gas station corner of Hwy 395 & Hwy 120 (they have a trapeze)

SATURDAY
-Bishop area (Lake Sabrina, North lake, road side)
-Bristle Cone Pines
-Sunset from bristle cone pines

Sunday
-Dawn at Mono lake
-Early shoot at Lower Lundy
-Mid day shoot at the beaver dams in Lundy
-Lunch
-Mono canyon to the power house
-June lake loop
-Maybe Bodie
-Dinner

Drive back to the bay area...
A former member
Post #: 5
Oh Patrick,

I would so love to join you for this. Unfortunately I've already made plans for that week-end.
I would have liked to hear about this in mid Sept! I would have reserved a week-end for this.

Next year this will be on my list of things to do.
Have a great time. I look forward to more of photos from this area.

Regards,
Deborah