a special edition of Fire, Fotos, Footage, and Fun!
By now you have probably heard of "Silent Disco" or "Headphone Party". The idea and the technology has been evolving quickly over the last decade throughout Europe and the United States. In major cities where noise restrictions prevent late night parties, or in parks/venues where amplified sound is prohibited, wireless headphones are the dominant force that allows hundreds of people to come together and dance to some of the best music available without getting harassed by authorities or neighbors.
How it works:
1 - put headphones on
2 - turn power switch to on
3 - dance:)
Our transmitter is about the size of phone and can power up to 500 headphones at a time with no loss of sound quality. On the transmitter side you can plug in anything from state-of-the-art DJ equipment and turntables, or simply plug in your iPod/Phone and use iTunes, Pandora etc.... We encourage you to have us deliver it and set it up for you the first time, but it is not required. With delivery setup, we also include our multi-level analyzers and audio interfaces that will maximize the capacity of the headphones for your particular musical style.
Thank you to everyone who has been bringing the catch trays -- the ground has been much more clear of fuel, though, still people seem to be missing the point to some degree as there was definitely some spillage on the ground last jam. Please keep ALL FUEL on top of catch trays so that we don't pollute the ground.
EVERYONE MUST USE A CATCH TRAY! A catch tray is not the same as a dipping bucket! All fire spinners must put a catch tray underneath there dipping buckets, this is for multiple safety reasons. spinners last month were dripping fuel all over the dipping station, as well as dripping out of the dipping station.
We will also continue to have ONE dipping area this month, ONE! This is to make sure all fuel is set a safe distance away from the spin area, and as well as to protect anyone knocking fuel over.
PLEASE set the dipping area up away from the spinning area. Remember SF Fire code requires 25 feet so let's try and have at least more than 10. Last time when I walked up people were spinning fire a few feet from one of the fuel depot areas.
PHOTOGRAPHERS: please come and join us -
For those new to fire photography -- as an artist or as a photographer -- or looking for some guidance, you can purchase our Get Lit video instruction series with nearly 40 minutes of useful information for $10. as one photographer said, "you're giving it away at that price!" Details and purchase link are here: http://wp.me/p2hXoY-3C
- practice shooting extended exposure photos and capturing the amazing images fire dancing creates. THIS IS TIME FOR TRADE, PLEASE POST YOUR PHOTOS AND MAKE THEM AVAILABLE TO THE ARTISTS WHO ARE IN YOUR PHOTOS! most artists would love copies of your photos, so please share them with us when you're done! Please approach the artists and ask them to model for you! they will!!! :)
Fire Friends & Faeries...
Fire Footage Capturers...
Fans and Fellows alike -
- Please read this before you come out n'play:
- This is a leave no trace event
- please bring your *own* fuel and pack out any empty cans and trash you may accumulate. Pack it IN, pack it OUT! it really sucks at the end of the night cleaning up other people's fuel cans which keeps happening.
- Bring LED toys! in case we get shut down with fire so we can still rock out on lights.
- If is raining the day of, check back here and we'll make a decision by 6 pm about if the event will or won't happen.
- NO mooching fuel! bring your own or make arrangements for someone else coming to bring it for you!!!
Also: * We ask all performers to safety -
- this includes crowd control as well as grabbing the duvey.
- if you go to put fuel in someone else's dip can, please check with them, no one wants kero mixed with their white gas.
The purpose of this event is to:
- have fun
- have a safe place to play with fire where we can also have a crowd and audience
- share our art form
- capture photos
- capture footage
- expand the community
- connect photographers with artists so artists can have better marketing photos and so the photographers can expand their skills and portfolio You can bring your own videoographer or camera and hopefully we can trade off so we can capture each other's footage. All are welcome, so please pass this on.
Again: This is a leave no trace event -- please bring your own fuel and pack out any empty cans.