The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Golden Gate Bridge 75th anniversary FIREWORK

Golden Gate Bridge 75th anniversary FIREWORK

Closed to new replies

Andreas
Sunny_Vale
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 49
Discussion on WHERE to shoot the firework (Event http://www.meetup.com...­ )

A group of 120+ meetup-photographers seems a bit unwieldy. And the limited parking and the different ideas about the shot you want to get, I suggest you post suggestions for locations here. Maybe a sample daylight view too.

And people can decide & join different "teams" / locations.

Andreas
Sunny_Vale
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 50
#1) TELEGRAPH HILL -- I know that sounds odd but you are high enough and have a wide view covering the entire span. And possibly even get a nice sunset before the show.
Andreas
Sunny_Vale
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 51
#2) Treasure Island -- there you are face to face with the bridge. It is a bit farther away but you won't need a long tele if you want to cover the entire span.
One advantage may be fewer people flock there and leaving after the show will be less troublesome
Andreas
Sunny_Vale
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 52
#3) Crissy Fields -- that's where the majority of spectators will be and organizers mentioned "Best viewing spots will be from Fort Point to east Marina Green."
Anyone who has seen the chaos after the Blue Angels performance, can get an idea of the traffic that might follow the firework. But it is a wide open space so you won't have to stab anyone to claim a good vantage point
Andreas
Sunny_Vale
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 53
#4) - locations between Land's End & Baker Beach are a bit more experimental -- yet the view from there is as iconic as the one's from Marin Headlands.
The one reason I say experimental is the vague description on the fireworks location. You may have additional obstructions of the firework, if it is fired from the eastern walkway. And even more obstructions, if the firework is closer to Ft. Point.
And out there you are the first to suffer from any approaching fog.
Andreas
Sunny_Vale
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 54
#5) - Conzelman Road & Marin Headlands are likely the most recognized view. And from there you get the city as a backdrop but loose the view of the sunset before the show. Also it is not known to me if or when NPS will enforce the road closure for the upper portion of Conzelman Road.
Steven C.
NightSkyGuy
San Jose, CA
Post #: 782
#6) - Kirby Cove [map]
Assuming Conzelman Road is open - but I've never seen it closed prior to the Kirby Cove trail head.

Andreas
Sunny_Vale
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 56
For all locations along Conzelman Road, be VERY CAREFUL not to park in the bike lane. Or any other unapproved location. Judging by the amount of CHP & Park Rangers out there during the "Super Moon", they made a killing in handing out citations.
young c.
user 14101550
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
What does everyone think about the horseshoe bay area?