align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Good costume sources on the cheap?

Good costume sources on the cheap?

Closed to new replies

Mike R.
user 53858972
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
Hi All -

I'm working on a fund-raising pinup calendar for my non-profit theater company in SF (Bindlestiff Studios -- check 'em out!) and am trying to round up costumes and props for an upcoming studio shoot blitz. The catch is that I now live in New York, so it's tough for me to do any SF legwork.

I've found a few costume joints online, but was hoping people might be able to tell me who's good and who to avoid. The costumes themselves aren't particularly intricate or unique, so I'm hoping I have options.

As of right now, these are the types of costumes I need to find:

- pair of tuxedos cut for women
- larger-sized red silk kimonos (for men)
- baseball player & umpire

Does anyone have leads on places in San Francisco I could rent these (and similar) costumes from?

Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 3
Try A.C.T. on Market. They charge $150 w/tax on every costume which includes costume, shoes, hats, accessories and fitting/tailoring. They are really good and I use them regularly.