The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Kids needed for photo project

Kids needed for photo project

Closed to new replies

Mike P.
user 6833300
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 19
I'm interested in meeting boys and girls aged ten to seventeen (with their parents' consent) who are "middle" children (one older sibling and one younger sibling) for a photo project. This would involve a one hour interview, followed by a half day or a full day during which I would tag along with my camera as my subject goes about his or her typical activities. The subject matter of the interview will involve general background information (i.e. hobbies, goals, hopes, dreams, etc). Parents are encouraged to be present.
My reasons for doing this project are, in part, personal in nature. (More on that in a moment.) I do eventually plan to approach art studios, and/or publications, either print or online.
My interest in this particular subject comes from being a middle child myself. Feeling left out is not an uncommon experience for kids with an older sibling and a younger sibling. This could be a positive experience for them.
I can provide personal references, and am more than happy to meet with parents first, and answer any questions.
I'm aware that finding subjects for this project may be the most challenging part. Any advice from other photographers would be appreciated.