addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Francisco Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Fleet week ships tour

Fleet week ships tour

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 80
Anybody interested to tour the Navy ships on Monday and/ or Tuesday (th 12th and 13th) between 11AM - 4 PM?
A former member
Post #: 1
How long would the tour take? I may be interested if I can slip it into my work day on Tuesday! Great idea!
A former member
Post #: 81
The hours are from 11 AM to 4 PM and there are several ships we can tour, some of them may include long lines some other only short, last year I went and was able to tour 3 ships, the biggest problem is that those ship are not moored close to each other also as always parking is hard to find and limited for 2 hours so I took BART from the East Bay, this time I think I'm gonna take BART from Glen Park or Daly City. Let me know what time you'll be able to do it
A former member
Post #: 6
That sounds interesting; where are they docked?
Anny
user 3380623
Citrus Heights, CA
Post #: 116
I was planning on going on Monday. Let's meet. I read the info about the tours and it say's " no camera bags". Have you gone on the tours before? How big of anybag can we bring? I just bought a new fast lens and I can't wait to use it. I will be taking BART in from Pleasanton/Dublin station.
A former member
Post #: 82
They are docked at several different Pier, you could type in "Fleetweek" in your address bar and it will give you the map of the ships.
Last year I went with very minimal gear (Nikon D50 w/18-200mm VR) and they let me in with no trouble, some people brought backpack, they just inspected the whole thing and understood that camera needs some kind of padded carrier, I brought a bag that just contained my camera and a few memory cards/ batteries,bottom line is not to overdo it.
I took BART to Embarcadero station last year and that's the plan for Monday too, let's meet about 10:30 AM, bring umbrella and/ or rain coat (forecast raining Monday and Tuesday)
Update: Let's meet at Embarcadero BART station at 10AM since it's quite a walk to either Pier 27 or 30/32
Huy
huyness
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 9
i'm definitely down for monday. Here's the link to the tour info and schedule:

http://www.military.c...­
A former member
Post #: 83
OK, everybody, I'm trying to figure out how many people are going to tour the ships on Monday especially the weather forecast says heavy rain from Monday thru Wednesday, or should we just cancel the plan? Please reply by Sunday the 11th.
Anny
user 3380623
Citrus Heights, CA
Post #: 117
I want to go soooo badly, but if there is a storm coming in and the bay is going to be rockin.......I am going to pass. I don't do well on boats/ships in stormy seas, even if they are docked. Sea Sickness is an ugly thing :(

I did notice there is a severe weather alert out for California...............shock

Huy
huyness
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 10
Yahoo weather says it will rain on Tuesday, so I'm definitely going on Monday. Which pier do we meet at and what time?