Bonnie W
user 11713001
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 15
It's difficult to be as enthusiastic about Meetup as I once was. I used to tell everyone about it and hand out the link at every opportunity and now I hesitate to mention it... if I find it time consuming, frustrating, and confusing, I can imagine how it would be to a new member or to someone who is searching for a group of like-minded people.

The website definitely does not suit the way we've done things in the past and we all like it the way it was. But if that is not to be then is there a way we can simplify? Can we use the meetup pages for what they can do for us and have another way for the frustrating things, perhaps a second website that would handle them in a different way and make it better? I don't have any examples or suggestions but perhaps this can be a catalyst for something.

I cannot begin to imagine the challenge the changes have presented for Trish and the other organizers.

Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 492
It seems they have added a few more features that are moving us back in the direction of the "community site" we had before. It's still not the same, but it's at least a bit easier to find things. The best part was the "feed" which our group really liked, and they have NOT added that back. Maybe this could be one thing that I pursue and see what happens...

smile