The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board Buy-Sell Gear Exchange › a For Sale tab

a For Sale tab

Closed to new replies

Terry T
TerryinKelowna
Kelowna, BC
Post #: 7
If I can do the caretaking from Kelowna, then I am willing to try being the caretaker of a For Sale area. I would like to see an automatic deletion after two weeks as opposed to my first thought of 30 days. I find that I forget things quite easily and that would mean that forgotten items would only be available for 14 days. The other point is that I would need to be taught how to be a caretaker. Cheers Terry (hey, Trish, keep up the good work!)
Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 539
Thanks Terry! OK, I'll give it more thought next weekend and come up with a "sticky" thread for Buy and Sell. I'll also send a note to arrange with you Terry as to what this all means from an admin point of view.

Thanks again! :)
Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 543
Hi Terry et al,

I've posted the special board to request to buy and sell gear at http://www.meetup.com...­

I really and truly want it to be simple and self-managing. The idea would be that occasionally one of the organizers would go in and clean it out. But otherwise, I don't want to set it up so that there's a lot of rules and lots of effort that has to go into managing it.

Let's not debate the nuances of how this should be different just yet. I'd appreciate if we could just try it this way for a while and see how it goes. I'd be interested in your thoughts down the road once we understand how its working and can look at how to improve it (if needed).

Thanks!

Trish
Aaron D.
user 4132073
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
Great idea folks!