The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board Challenges, Workshops & Field Trip Ideas › Scott Kelby's 2012 Worldwide Photo Walk

Scott Kelby's 2012 Worldwide Photo Walk

Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone,

This year, Scott Kelby's 5th Annual Worldwide Photo Walk will be held on Saturday, October 13th. At this time, there are almost 1000 cities with over 14,000 participants around the world joining in on the fun.

If you would like to participate, simply create a free personal account on the Worldwide Photo Walk site and sign up to join one of the photo walks in your area. There are no costs at all to participate.

Here are the registered Scott Kelby World Wide photo walks with spaces available in the Metro Vancouver and surrounding areas:

1. Chinatown with Kana Yamashita, 2pm to 4pm (FULL)

2. Ladner Village with Francis Dorsemaine, 10am to 12pm

3. Chilliwack Nature Reserve with Leona Isaak, 10am to 12pm

4. Historic Gastown with Adam Schellenberg and Barry J Brady, 5pm to 7pm.

After you sign up, here's what happens: on October 13th, you show up at the designated meeting place for the walk you signed up for, and enjoy your walk with others and take photos.

If you wish to participate in the photo contest and try to win one of the fantastic prizes, you simply choose your single best photo from your walk and upload to the Worldwide Photo Walk site before Oct 22nd. You can also participate in the People's Choice award by adding your vote on all the fantastic images later in November.

Whether or not you wish to participate in the contest, do sign up for the Photo Walk site and join in. It's a fantastic event.

I'm monitoring the available walks in our area and will update this post with more information as we get closer to the Oct 13th date.

Trish :)

[Edit: added Barry J. Brady's second photowalk with Adam Schellenberg; noted that Kana's photo walk in Chinatown is FULL]
Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 581
Hi folks!

There are still spots available for the Photo Walks in the Vancouver area on October 13th!
Angela R
Miradora
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 80
I'm going to the Chinatown shoot. Any one else going to that one?
Trish
VanPhoto
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 585
Hi Angela,

I'm going to the Chinatown walk too!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Trish
Peter H
user 11473968
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 54
Too bad! I'm signed in for the 'GasTown' one.
Until next time.
Wendy
PacificWest
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
Thought I'd sign up for the Gastown walk, but on clicking I'd go, an application form for US citizens pops up and prevents me from adding my name. There is no alternate application form for Canadians visible. So, can I just bypass that application and join the group on Saturday? Wendy
Angela R
Miradora
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 84
That's really strange. None of that happened when I joined! You should try again. I'm sure you have to be signed up to participate. I just checked and there is still one opening so hurry!
Wendy
PacificWest
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
Thanks, Angela, but I again gave it a whirl and still had to go through a registration with the Walk website. But just did that and now am registered to join the walk as the last participant. See you there and thank you again for the comment.
Wendy
Wendy
PacificWest
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 5
Now, I have received two emails stating that I am on the waiting list for the Gastown walk?
Yet, when I checked there was on spot available. Very confusing indeed.