The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board Challenges, Workshops & Field Trip Ideas › Idea for a meet or challenge. "Turn your DSLR into a Holga"

Idea for a meet or challenge. "Turn your DSLR into a Holga"

Jason
Beowulf2b
Surrey, BC
Post #: 1
What is a Holga?

"The Holga is a medium format 120 film toy camera, made in Hong Kong, known for its low-fidelity aesthetic.
The Holga's low-cost construction and simple meniscus lens often yields pictures that display vignetting, blur, light leaks, and other distortions. The camera's limitations have brought it a cult following among some photographers, and Holga photos have won awards and competitions in art and news photography." Source Wikipedia

The challenge is to take your best pictures using only a Holga DSLR lens. I think with the creative talent in this group we can come up with some amazing pictures.

You can get a real Holga lens for most DSLRs, Nikon, Canon, Sony etc for $25. directly from Holga or your favorite online Camera dealer like Adorama or B&H. (Sorry no PhaseOne Medium format Cameras LoL)
Holga Website

Let me know what you think, I will be ordering one soon.
Russ K.
user 3929906
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 386
Why not go all the way and just get a real Holga, $40?
Jason
Beowulf2b
Surrey, BC
Post #: 2
Why not go all the way and just get a real Holga, $40?

Well there is film, processing on most shots that you will have to throw away. Also I love the irony of using a $25 plastic lens on an expensive DSLR body. tongue
Russ K.
user 3929906
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 387
Seems to me the real irony is the need to make an expensive DLSR perform like a toy camera. smile