addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › Vantage point for Vancouver skyline shot?

Vantage point for Vancouver skyline shot?

Mike D.
md_photo
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 6
Hi all, I need to capture a Vancouver skyline shot - something with the city itself (downtown), some ocean and some mountains in it - something like the image here, but hopefully with some more greenery.

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a good, easily accessible vantage point to capture this, such as a tall-ish building where I can get onto the roof or a high level.

Any help is appreciated!

Richard W.
user 29793062
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 2
Queen Elizabeth park for a shot closer tonthis or there's a parking lot along the highway going up to Cypress Mountain Ski hill for another top down look on the city, ocean, and mountains to the left.
Mike D.
md_photo
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 7
Thanks Richard. I've done the QE park shot previously, and it works pretty well. The Cypress shot is a good idea.

Queen Elizabeth park for a shot closer tonthis or there's a parking lot along the highway going up to Cypress Mountain Ski hill for another top down look on the city, ocean, and mountains to the left.

kelly
user 34220282
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 4
You used to be able to go upstairs in the BCAA building at Broadway and Oak. I'm not sure if they still occupy the space. There is restaurant...cactus club/milestones or similar in that area with a great view from their patio.I'm sure if you scout out the area there are other place you might get access to
Wendy
PacificWest
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 12
Go to Salmon House on the Hill in West Vancouver for a meal (great prices) and the view as dusk occurs is really spectacular on a clear night.
Anne M.
user 9760444
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
You might want to check out the view from the parking lot of the Holiday Inn on Broadway.
It was recommended to me by one of the staff members.
Confusion C.
user 3160827
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 254
Go to Salmon House on the Hill in West Vancouver for a meal (great prices) and the view as dusk occurs is really spectacular on a clear night.
Can't get the mountains if you're on the mountain itself though....although Mt. Baker may be visible.

The view from mid-span on the Lions Gate is quite nice, as a panorama maybe?
Mike D.
md_photo
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 8
Can't get the mountains if you're on the mountain itself though....although Mt. Baker may be visible.

The view from mid-span on the Lions Gate is quite nice, as a panorama maybe?
Thanks everyone! I elected to lug my gear halfway across the Granville St bridge and shoot out towards Burrard. User 3160827 - I guess we were thinking along the same lines.

Might be interesting to keep some ideas coming in on this post, as it could be useful for others down the line... Thanks again!