The Vancouver Photography Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › Get some experience, get some exposure

Get some experience, get some exposure

tom m.
user 65743542
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 2

For all my Photo Buff friends
North Shore Special Olympics is looking for a Volunteer Photographer or a few to share the experience to help capture the excitement of our athletes, coaches and volunteers throughout the year. Time commitment is flexible most events are in North or West Vancouver. If you are interested in Event, Sports and Portrait or Photojournalism message me and I’ll get you connected.
Tom Mooney
Wendy
PacificWest
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 13
Hi Tom,
As I live in North Vancouver, maybe if you could reply with the dates, locations, types of events, I could decide if it's possible for me to volunteer. Sounds like fun. I'm happy to call myself and inquire. Thanks for the info.
Wendy
evan
user 4317955
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 17
Hi Tom,

I have quite a bit of experience in sports and event photography. I am interested in coming down and do some volunteer shoots for your organization.

Although I do have a question regarding image use and ownership. Your website basically says all captured photos are to be surrendered to your organization, while the photographer lose all rights and ownership of the images.

I have volunteered my services to other organizations including the BC Cancer Research and DSN (Disability Services Network) here in Vancouver. The ownership of the photos have always been shared, with a good-faith agreement in how the images may be used. (similar to a trade-for-portfolio agreement)

I am curious if the conditions stated in your website are guidelines or actual policy exercised by your organization.
tom m.
user 65743542
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
Evan

I'll be away for the next week.
North Shore Special Olympics will be having a registration BBQ at waterfront park this weekend if your interested contact Kelly Kline

kellyandzak@shaw.ca
evan
user 4317955
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 18
Just a follow up. As it has been some time...

I did receive an email from Tom and was referred to email Kelly.

Sent Kelly an email and have not had any contact ever since.