The Victoria Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Good vantage point for Canada day Fireworks

Good vantage point for Canada day Fireworks

Carl
Czarl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 104
anyone have a secret location that they want to share with the group? or just me (carl@shaw.ca).

I went to the top of the Johnson Street Parkade last year and didn't do too bad, but there was a building blocking my view to the harbour.

I guess ground level wouldn't be the worst vantage point, but I was hoping for something a bit higher.

thanks
Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 678
Well, unless you want to book the penthouse at the Swan's Hotel or a room at the front of the Empress, I'd suggest the top of the parkade at Yates and Langley - SW corner. Or is that the one you meant?

Mike.
Dave N.
user 11025136
Victoria, BC
Post #: 22
Laurel point Inn is my sweet spot
Bev A.
BevAnne
Victoria, BC
Post #: 32
I just go up to the top of my apartment building -- we have a small deck up there. It's further away but I got some good shots last year.
Carl
Czarl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 105
ya...I think I meant Yates St Parkade.

I was thinking of walking into a condo downtown and sneaking my way up to the roof, but decided
I am going to head to "rainbow park" in VicWest and walk along the path until I see a good site.

https://foursquare.co...­
Carl
Czarl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 106
I ended up meeting with friends down on the Empress lawn and got a few photos.
This is only my 3 or 4th time photographing fireworks. Any tips would be appreciated.

I had my camera on a tripod, in bulb mode with a remote to open/close, F11 and ISO100.

This is on of my favourites, More photos on Google Plus

Vadym G.
user 48372052
Victoria, BC
Post #: 41
Mine from Sidney: http://www.facebook.c...­