The Victoria Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Interested in More Meetups?

Interested in More Meetups?

Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 759
Hi Folks: I don't know if people are aware of this or not, so I thought I'd stick a note in here. The meetup.com site is set up so that only organizers can schedule/post meetups, but any member who is interested in organizing and running a meetup is welcome to do so. Just let the organizers know and we can work something out, including setting you as the 'event host' for that meetup. Basically it just needs to be an event that involves making photographs or learning about photography. The more people who become involved, the more dynamic the group becomes.

Mike.
James Y.
user 47531632
Victoria, BC
Post #: 66
I deleted my post as I now have to work that day.
I had asked to host the zombie walk for a photo meet up.
Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 760
No problem. Work takes priority. Anyone else interested in hosting this?

Mike.
Dion M
user 7364077
Victoria, BC
Post #: 162
At some point this winter I'd like to offer/organize a meetup about a long-term project I've been working on, my book project Prairie Sunset: A Vanishing Way of Life.

Recently I've been working on the content & design of the book (working with a designer & printer), and I'll be doing a kickstarter or indiegogo within the first few months of 2014. I'd like to do an audio/visual presentation for anyone who is interested.

To anyone who is curious, I have this website which has a representation of some of the content of the book:

http://prairiesunset....­

More details coming soon...

Dion
Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 829
Thanks, Dion! We have a couple of ideas, and once Daniel's back in town we can get things scheduled.
Dion M
user 7364077
Victoria, BC
Post #: 165
Thanks Mike!
James Y.
user 47531632
Victoria, BC
Post #: 81
Total lunar eclipse April 14/15 favoring North America. First one in 2 1/2 years. Totality lasting 78 minutes. I know I will be photographing it weather permitting. The moon passes through the southern portion of earth`s dark umbra, which means the northern half of the eclipsed lunar disk should appear much brighter than its southern half. The bright star Spica is positioned just 2 degrees west of the moon.
I could look into a permit for Island View beach Mike if you think this might be of interest to anyone else.
Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 841
Sounds great, and we have plenty of lead time. Quite a number of people showed up (and were kicked out) for the last one!

Thanks!

Mike.
wayne
user 11046189
Victoria, BC
Post #: 57
Great photos Dion, very interesting subject matter, look forward to seeing more.
John P.
user 12011982
Victoria, BC
Post #: 53
I will offer another session of my 'Lighting and Portraiture Seminar' that I did last spring; it seemed well received, so, assuming there's sufficient interest, that is something I can pencil in for Jan-Feb.