The Victoria Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Railroad tracks in Victoria

Railroad tracks in Victoria

A former member
Post #: 69
Hi All,

I'm doing a shoot this weekend and the client has requested an abandoned raiload track. Ideas of something near Langford? Much appreciated:)

Andrew W.
user 13707296
Victoria, BC
Post #: 72
I guess it would depend on what your shooting for the client... but I always like the train trestle in Goldstream park. It's a hike up a hill but nothing too difficult. But again not knowing what you are shooting it's difficult to suggest a section of track that might have the 'right' background/foreground you're looking for.
James Y.
user 47531632
Victoria, BC
Post #: 68
The roundhouse or old train station over the Bay street bridge or the Saanich Historicsal society off Island view.
Matt F.
user 69718662
Victoria, BC
Post #: 35
Great spot by 6 Mile pub, right by the HWY overpass and Galloping Goose trail. Right at Exit 10 (Colwood/Langford)

These were shot there -

user 9017253
Victoria, BC
Post #: 148
Great suggestions. In addition, the E&N railroad passes through Langford. It is not abandoned, but the traffic is so light that it looks abandoned in many places. You can follow it in Google Maps online in the high resolution Satellite View and select the stretch most suitable for your assignment. Then zoom in and study a particular area in the Street View: it is amazing what the modern technology can do!
A former member
Post #: 70
Thanks,Everyone!I've found my spot so the suggestions were
very helpful!smile
Marcia and Mike Ne...
Victoria, BC
Post #: 786
From Mike Johnston, the Online Photographer: