addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Victoria Photography Meetup Group Message Board › The Phoblographer’s Guide to Sigma Prime Lenses

The Phoblographer’s Guide to Sigma Prime Lenses

Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 779
Short... I wouldn't exactly say reviews, but some valid points: http://www.thephoblog...­

Mike.
James Y.
user 47531632
Victoria, BC
Post #: 69
I love Sigma. I have a 10-20mm DX, a 50 -500 mm DX and a full frame 70 -300 zoom that is also a 200- 300 macro. The 70 - 300 + macro cost $200. I "jail broke" the macro just by forcing it lower than 200 and now have a 70 -300 macro. [I found that out online. Please be careful.] It is not a true macro that is for sure. A Nikon 70 -300 mm full frame and a Nikon macro full frame are near $2000 for the two, so I am very happy with my inexpensive full frame lens from Sigma.
A former member
Post #: 6
"Prime 70-300"?

Wouldn't that make it a zoom lens rather than a prime lens?
Alan
user 4699985
Victoria, BC
Post #: 143
My Sigma 20mm is very sharp, but the ergonomics leave a bit to be desired. I did get it for a great price though...
James Y.
user 47531632
Victoria, BC
Post #: 70
"Prime 70-300"?

Wouldn't that make it a zoom lens rather than a prime lens?

Sorry my mistake full frame not prime.