addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Victoria Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Cold-Weather Photography

Cold-Weather Photography

Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 797
Okay, so it never gets cold here in our little Pacific paradise, but one might want to take a drive up to Mount Washington or someplace like that...

http://www.bhphotovid...­

Mike.
James Y.
user 47531632
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 74
I love snowshoeing the Kludahk trail in the alpine old growth between Jordan River and Port Renfrew, or the ice caves at the Comox Glacier. The only thing I can add is $6 for 10 pairs of hand warmer packets and free desiccants can save a lot of money. I did like the desiccant body cap set up and I am very confident that I can make one.
Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 799
I still remember the days of trying to load film in -30 to -40 deg weather. First of all, really cold film gets very brittle. Second, motor drives were out and even hand winding had to be done very slowly because to move the film too fast meant risking static streak sparks across your images. Ah, the good old days...

Mike.
James Y.
user 47531632
Group Organizer
Victoria, BC
Post #: 76
The old days when we were crazy enough to live some place that cold!
Marcia and Mike Ne...
wolfnowl
Victoria, BC
Post #: 803
Came with the job... smile