$800 up for grabs! Photo Competition
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:59 PM
This is a first!
A friend of mine is a part owner in Preferred Landscaping and Lighting. I have photographed their projects before, but this time I am unable to, so I asked him if he would like to have a photo competition with PhotoSA. Here is his response:
We would like to take you up on your offer to put the contest out to the camera club. We would be happy to offer $100 for the best picture at each of the 8 locations listed below. We would like to make sure there are at least three different photographer?s work to pick from for each location. We can judge the pictures by 1/10/10 and award the prizes at that time.
It is our understanding that we will own all of the pictures at the end of the contest.
Thanks for suggesting this innovative solution Jim!
Preferred Landscape and Lighting
Member 2007, 2008 and 2009 Inc. 5,000 list of the fastest growing privately held companies in America
2007 North Chamber Recipient of Small Business Leader Award
So here are the rules and more.
- By submitting images you understand that they are for "Preferred Landscaping and Lighting" to use to promote their great work! This means that you are giving them usage rights to your work, without any monetary compensation (unless, of course, you are the location winner!)
- Some work could be used that is not one of the winning images!
- If your image is used in the "Preferred Landscaping and Lighting" marketing you have bragging rights: You can say that your work has been used for commercial purposes!!!
- Only submit images if you want your work to be used for marketing purposes!
- All images have the potential to be used in "Preferred Landscaping and Lighting" ads, however, only the best at each location will receive the $100 (8 locations = a total of $800 in prize money)
- "Preferred Landscaping and Lighting" gets to make the choices. All decisions are final.
- All images must be photographed during December 2009 up until the deadline: January 9, 2010. Note: Some of the lights will start coming down on January 1, 2010, so don't procrastinate!!!
- upload in the same way that you do with the regular monthly photo competitions: Login, go to "Photos", go to "Preferred Landscaping and Lighting AND PhotoSA", click on upload photos.
Here are the eight (8) locations:
1. USAA ?
USAA Main building, 5 trees of lights off main guard entrance at
9800 Fredericksburg Rd. These would need to be taken just after dark from outside the fence looking onto the property.
2. Shops at la Cantera -
1. Four 33? light trees at various sections at the perimeter of the shopping center.
2. just inside the entrance off 1604 access rd at the circle drive.
3. just inside the entrance off La Cantera Parkway at circle drive pulling up to P.F. Changs & Bravos
4. at second level near escalators leading down to Yardhouse brewpub
5. at lower level entrance across street from Yardhouse. With this picture you can position it so there are the many trees we lit up around the water features across the street from the Yardhouse in the background.
3. Tesoro Building ( 300 Concord Plaza Dr ) -
Light pole banners along street. Need to get 1 picture with the row of banners leading up to the tree of lights at the main building.
4. Pearl Brewery ( 312 Pearl Parkway ) -
1. Fa?ade of tall building outlined with lights.
2. roof line of old stables
5. San Antonio River Walk
the whole thing... [yes, if you went to last week's event to the Riverwalk, submit those images!]
6. Fidelitas ( 194 South Main St. in Boerne)
building with roofline in lights, garland on banisters and trees in landscape (1 picture of all)
7. Rim Shopping Center (17703 West IH-10)
1. 30? Christmas tree (day or night)
2. Light pole Banners (day)
3. Wreaths at entrance suspended over water feature (night)
Pictures need to be at night to see display lit up, Light Pole banners during the day
8. Villages @ Stone Oak ( 22610 US Highway 281 North) ?
1. Light pole banner(s) (day)
2. Snowfall display over water feature with lighted trees (night)