addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 3
Any recommendations on what travel tripod to buy? I have a D600 so need something that will hold the load firmly. I have a Manfrotto 190CXPro3 with a 498RC2 ball head. But it's too big to travel with. Suggestions on models to begin my research would be very helpful. Thanks much! Terri
Carl Z.
user 96631852
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1
I've been looking for a good travel tripod for an upcoming New York trip. I'm leaning towards the Mefoto GlobeTrotter tripod. It collapses down to 16", extends to 64", weighs 4 pounds, and also converts to a monopod.

http://www.mefoto.com...­
A former member
Post #: 4
That one looks pretty awesome.. Thanks for the tip.