Photografriends - Photography Enthusiasts Message Board › Camera problems

Camera problems

A former member
Post #: 27
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have been taking a couple of classes to help with my photography. For some reason, my camera is not picking up the color on the objects I am photographing properly. I have the WB set on WB auto, and still the coloring is not right. I am using a Olympus SP-800 UZ. Even the instructor is puzzled. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Meg
William D.
user 58270402
Downingtown, PA
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Auto white balance means the camera decides what's white, so colors can be off. If you include an 18% gray card in your photo (or in another one in the same light), you can use Lightroom, Photoshop, or other software to see the card as neutral and adjust the other colors accordingly.
A former member
Post #: 28
Also, if you use Lightroom, or any Raw converter, you can change the temperature.
Crystal
user 96261732
Kingston, PA
Post #: 2
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Never use auto white balance. Set the white balance accordingly (if you don't use a 18% gray card or a white balance cap). When editing the photo, you can always fix the white balance.