addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Photography Lessons Message Board › Festivus for the rest of us.

Festivus for the rest of us.

Jim N.
user 5919589
Group Organizer
Hillsborough, NC
Happy Holidays everyone ~ I wanted to let everyone know that Southeaster Camera has generously offered a coupon for a free 8 x 10 print to all the participants of the "Really Really Free Market Photography Lessons Meetup".   There's no attendance limit on this meetup and it's free.

This is a totally free meetup on January 5th and has about 20 attendees to date.   I am really looking forward to shooting with everyone.

======================================­=================================

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for participating in the fee based workshops.  I have been getting great feedback from participants and have quite a few repeat attendees already.

My leadership goal for this group is to blend free and Last night's Aperture Smaperture Meetup was the second time I offered this workshop to an overflow crowd of 8.  I am pretty sure everyone learned some basics and made some new friends along the way.  We all wound up going out to eat afterward sans Melissa.  It's turning into a great building block workshop that can only help folks when taking some of the more technical off camera lighting based workshops.

Look for upcoming January, February and March workshops covering the following topics:

LightRoom Basics or Getting a Good Flow

LightRoom Intermediate Who needs Photoshop?  
covering basic intermediate and advanced editing techniques.

Totally Free Photo Editors Are they as good as Photoshop Workshop.

Travel Photography Tips and Techniques

Finally, I am looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow night at our Holiday Lights Night Photography Lessons Meetup.  I am already looking forward to a hot chocolate at the end of it.

Thank you so much for continuing to suffer through my emails and most of all thank you for not only your participation in the Photography Lessons Meetup, but I also want to thank those of you that have offered words of encouragement as I figure out the best way to meet all of our Photography Lessons Meetup needs.

Jim Northrup

Photography Lessons Organizer