addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Photoshop and Digital Imaging Meetup Group Message Board › November 10th Meeting

November 10th Meeting

A former member
Post #: 9
What a great meeting this was!!!

Please make sure if you talked about any plug-ins or links that you list it here. That way we can avoid a ton of emails asking for correct spelling and such. ;-)

Everyone did a great job and it was well worth the drive. Thanks so much!!!!
A former member
Post #: 11
The subject of file types (JPEG, TIFF, RAW) came up during this meeting and I would like to add a resource for those looking. has online courses you can take. They have a "demo" course that you can get for free that is pretty decent. The caveat being that you can only access it for 10 days (and you don't get the interactive instructer stuff.) Since I'm a pretty busy gal, I copied the lessons to MS Word and used ScreenCapture to get the photos that go with it. (Photos are used to show you examples of what they are talking about. Most of the photos in the lesson you have to click on to enlarge in a separate page.) This probably isn't how they would like you to take their demo course, but in truth it increases the liklihood for me personally that I will purchase another course from them in the future. I've already got my eye on one.

The name of the demo course is: A FREE Course Preview: Digital SLR Photography

Anyhow, it was either Lesson 1 or Lesson 2 that went into extreme detail about the difference between file types. I already knew most of it, so I can vouch that the info is good. They show examples in the pics of how JPEG compression will effect loss of pixels and such.