The Barcelona PHP Meetup Group Message Board › Okay - who wants to meet?

Okay - who wants to meet?

A former member
Post #: 3
Now that the monthly posting for a non-existent meetup has finally been removed, perhaps we can arrange a new one? Any suggestions?
Alexandru T.
user 12762072
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 1
Hello,

I would be interested in a new meetup, to chat a little bit about coding and also because I'm looking for a programmer for a fulltime job.

Best regards,
Alex.
Guillermo
user 10872639
Barcelona, ES
I'm up for a meetup too. Let's start to try to define time and place...
As for time I will say something like 19:30 and place could be the Gothic neighbourhood (very centric place), or Gracia neighbourhood (easy to get there and plenty of cool bars).
Any other ideas?
A former member
Post #: 4
Good to see some interest. I'd be coming in from Premia de Mar, so a meeting place near Pl. de Catalunya, Arc de Triomf or Clot stations is good from my point of view. 19:30 sounds like a good time; in terms of dates I'm in the UK from 9th to 16th September but most other dates are okay.
Alexandru T.
user 12762072
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 2
For me the hour is fine, and someone can choose the place I don't use to go out very much in Barcelona, about the date, I'm trying to keep up with other meetups too but I came here looking for PHP :)
What do you say about next Monday, 30 of August?
A former member
I would also be interested in meeting. An important thing is to find a place that's not too noisy! I don't get out a whole lot so I don't really have a good suggestion.
Alexandru T.
user 12762072
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 3
A Chinese restaurant would be nice? What do you think about a 'bufet libre' one? They use to have all kinds of food :)
A former member
Post #: 5
I'd be happy with a bar with maybe some tapas but if it's a restaurant then I would rather have something I can't get in Premia de Mar... we don't have much choice here in Premia but we do have chinese...
Guillermo
user 10872639
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 2
Hmmm... It is really a restaurant the best place for a meeting like this? I think not, first for the time, if we are going to meet at around 20, is a little earlier to eat (well, at least for us latin people). Also, in places like a buffet could be a lot of distractions (how many times do you get up to bring new food to the table?).
I think a bar will suit better, and of course, it could be a bar with some tapas menu, for the hugry people.
Don't know many bars in the center area, in Gracia there are a lot with tables outside so there is less noise.
But if you know a good and quiet bar around ramblas, let us know.
Alexandru T.
user 12762072
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 4
You are right, a bar is the better, well someone just name a place and the date and we meet there.