XPERIENCE - Detroit (HQ)
Xperience Communications is an integrated marketing and communications agency. Independently owned and operated, we work to create moments that connect ideas with people. Our goal? To provide people with new ways to think and feel about your brand.
Software/Database Engineer - Digital Team
Software Engineers design, code, test, document, and support Xperience digital solutions in order to drive results for our clients. Our developers are responsible for owning and delivering on all aspects of our technology projects. They possess exceptional critical analysis skills, the talent for understanding big picture concepts, and are able to thrive both as a team member and independently.
Description and Responsibilities:
• Develop consumer marketing and brand engagement applications that are engaging, robust and secure.
• Prototype and rapidly explore new concepts.
• Work with QA to create technical specifications, use cases, tests, software, documentation, release candidates and roll recipes as needed by the project.
• Continuously deliver high quality, re-usable software solutions.
• Provide expert advice and peer support.
• Ability to oversee and mentor junior programmers.
Job Specifications and Competencies:
• Education: Technical Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Demonstrated expert programming skills
• 5+ years of hands-on professional experience required
• Web-related technology knowledge of HTML, XML, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, modern browser rendering and security models, server and network security, performance analysis
• Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
• Experience with LAMP stack development in a modern environment.
• CodeIgnitor or CakePHP experience a plus.
• MySQL Rockstar
• Experience with advertising, event marketing and branding is preferred
• Experience working in a high paced, client driven agency setting preferred
• Travel is required based on need but is limited and not a significant part of this position
That's the company line. Honestly this is a great place to work. Great salary, great benefits, creative environment. Looking for entrepreneurial forward thinkers to build cool new stuff. Yes you have to come in to an office, yes you have to wear pants, everything else is pretty open to negotiation ;-)