Columbus PHP Meetup Message Board › Open PHP position
I looked through the list archive and saw that jobs are occasionally posted. I hope this is okay to post.
Contact Us Inc., is looking for mid to senior level PHP devs. I work at a sister company, and I think it's a really cool environment. They code on MBP retinas :-)
If you're interested, send me an email. (email@example.com)
Title: Stable startup seeking several PHP devs
Location: German Village, Columbus, OH
Talented PHP developer needed for well-funded startup to join a new dev team for quickly growing app for a high profile client. We are looking for the awesome developers with a mastery of the web development stack, usually associated with 3+ years of experience.
Here are 10 reasons you will want to work on this team.
1. Casual dress code.
2. Reasonable start times, flex time, and occasional work from home.
3. No outbound network filter, or other annoying corporate things that get in the way getting the job done.
4. No restrictive operating systems. Use the tools that will make you most productive.
5. A preference for using open source or custom built applications. (Although, we occasionaly use MS.)
6. Agile methodologies.
7. High hiring standards. We hire great people.
8. Task ownership is pushed to the lowest level possible.
9. The office environment is creative or fun.
10. Getting stuff done is easy. No red tape to slow you down.
Job responsibilities include:
Design, develop, and test code for web applications and/or back end application services.
Create bug fixes and enhancements to current code.
Must be able to work independently and in pairs on projects and tasks.
Provides regular updates to team via daily stand ups.
Competence in many of the following technologies (usually accomplished after 1-3 years experience in each):
1 or more web frameworks: CodeIgniter, Rails, Sinatra, Django, Node, Cake, etc.
Open source databases, including NoSQL: Postgres, MySQL, Mongo
Linux / Unix / Windows
Writing and supporting SAAS applications
.net experience is a nice to have.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience.
Experienced in code versioning and management (git, svn).
Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
Strong command of cross-browser compatibility issues and optimization
Working knowledge of object orientation & MVC design
Preference for agile environments including daily scrums and regular code pairing.