Announcing a new Meetup for Chako's Pit Bull Classes and Events in Sacramento and beyond!What
: Clicker Training IntroductionWhen
: Sunday, October 17,[masked]:30 PMWhere
: (A location has not been chosen yet.)
Join us at the Sacramento County Shelter (in the courtyard) to celebrate Pit Bull Awareness Month. FREE for Pit Bulls and obvious Pit Bull mixes. $20 for all other breeds.
This workshop will introduce you to clicker training and operant conditioning and will last approximately one and half hours.
NO MORE than one dog per person.
Dogs MUST be at least 3 months old. If FOUR months of age or older, they must be current on rabies to participate. Please do not bring dogs that are overly dog aggressive or aggressive toward people.WHAT TO BRING
* Proof of rabies if your dog is over 4 months of age.
* You may use whatever collar you desire, but if you choose to use a prong, you MUST have it backed up with another collar (use a leash with a snap on either end, or a coupler attached to a second leash, or a clip that attaches the prong to a backup collar). You MUST bring with you a flat or a slip collar, however, to practice with.
* Very tasty treats, and LOTS of them (fill up an entire BIG baggie) -- such as baked chicken, low sodium hot dogs, or steak (not kibble, not dog biscuits) AND you should skip the meal your dog gets beforehand (whether it be that morning or the evening before).
* Poop bags
* Water for you and your dog
* A clicker (can be purchased for super cheap at almost any pet store). If you can't get one, we'll have extras you can purchase for $1 at the workshop.
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/pitbulls/calendar/14771749/