Pyrotopia: Festival of Fire Arts
- Pyrotopia: Festival of Fire Arts
Watch the flames come to life at Pittsburgh’s first festival of fire and electrical arts!
Saturday, April 28, 2012
The Historic Pump House (near Lowe’s in the Homestead Waterfront)
NOON-5pm: Kid's activities presented by the Children's Museum and the Carnegie Science Center
8pm-MIDNIGHT: Main event
Both events are FREE and open to the public!
• Fire spinners and dancers from Steel Town Fire
• Fire hooping by Daniel Lewis (aka Apex)
• Fiery Flamenco Dancing by Carolina Loyola-Garcia
• Flaming Simon and Pyrostomp, created by Eric Singer
• A six-foot tall Tesla Coil built by Pittsburgh engineer Mark Barlow
• Demonstrations of fire-related arts, including glassblowing and metal casting
• Ground-effect fireworks by Pyrotecnico of New Castle
• EL-wire costumes and LED art
• An extra-special lighting of the Carrie Blast Furnace complex by Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area
Hosted by Phat Man Dee and Andrew the Impaled. Music by DJ Zombo.
Special afternoon activities for children (led by the Carnegie Science Center and Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh)
• Black Light Bubble Art
• LED Lanterns
• Learn how fireworks get their color
FREE ADMISSION! Open to the public! Accessible by bus and bicycle!
Pump House at the Waterfront (near Lowe's), 880 Waterfront Drive East (across from USX Building)
Pyrotopia Web Site