Join Lean Chef en Route/ Zest Wishes for the fourth in a series of monthly Around The World Pop-Up Dinners. Guests will be treated to culinary creations with worldly inspiration, culled with locally-grown, organic and GMO-free ingredients. The event features fun, food education and multi-course dinner.
Chef Mya Zeronis has a background in globally-inspired contemporary American cuisine, and the now-four-month-old dinner series scored her a chef profile in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette http://www.post-gazette.com/recipes/2013/09/19/Food-Column-Cook-and-learn-at-pop-up-dinner/stories/201309190282 and write-up by Pop City Media http://www.popcitymedia.com/features/creativedinners0918.aspx. This month, she will be serving up flavors of the Middle East, Asia, New York and Florida with her own modern flair, taking diners on a whirlwind delicious voyage. Themed around Chanukah and Thanksgiving, this is a meat-less holiday feast.
Throughout the event, Chef Mya will talk about why she uses organic ingredients as much as possible and demonstrate various cuts (julienne, slice, dice, etc) of vegetables, proper gadgets like and sharp chef's knife. The vegan, gluten-free and soy-free multi-course supper includes raw food items and is free of dairy, egg, refined sugar and corn syrup.
1) Warm Kistaco Farm apple cider with soda water, cold-pressed raw cranberry juice and raw mango juice (The event is hosted at BYOB restaurant. Guests may bring rum to mix into this beverage.)
2) Clarion River Organics sweet potato latkes pan-fried in organic virgin coconut oil, topped with cinnamon-ginger spiced cranberry-apple sauce
3) Organic lentil soup with young green jackfruit “turkey” chunks
4) Roasted eggplant-tahini dip drizzled with Olive & Marlowe’s gold-medal-winning extra virgin olive oil; served with thinly-sliced raw beets from Clarion River Organics
5) Red wine-braised Wild Purveyors king oyster mushroom “short ribs” and Portobello “brisket” with organic carrots and sundried tomatoes
6) Clarion River Organics winter squash roasted and stuffed with gluten-free, lemon organic millet “couscous,” dates, green onions, olives and roasted garlic
7) Raw cashew cheesecake with cranberry compote, pecan crust, cocoa and Grandma Z’s Maple Haus’ less-refined, dark amber Grade B maple syrup
This is reservation-only event and guests must pay in advance. Don’t miss early RSVP discounted rate! Recipes for dishes served during this event and past pop-up dinners will be published as an eBook for sale. Every guest will get a FREE copy! Go to http://ZestWishes.CO to get your ticket (click 'EVENTS' tab).
ALSO RSVP ON THIS GROUP PAGE SO WE CAN SEE WHO'S COMING.