Join Lean Chef en Route/ Zest Wishes to enjoy buffet-style vegan brunch items crafted by Chef Mya Zeronis, using non-GMO, local and organic ingredients and NO chemically-processed, mass-manufactured, textured soy protein isolates, imitation meats and cheeses. Chef Mya has a background in globally-inspired contemporary American cuisine and her two-month-old, vegan-friendly Around The World Pop-Up Dinner Series has been written up in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/life/food-column/food-column-cook-and-learn-at-pop-up-dinner-703917/ and Pop City Media http://www.popcitymedia.com/features/creativedinners0918.aspx. If vegan community supports Vegan Brunch Done Right, there will be more! See Menu:
1) Sprouted organic tofu-cauliflower scrambled “eggs,” nutritional yeast, chick peas, homemade almond milk
2) Whole wheat maccaroni with homemade, unprocessed “cheddar” and cashew “ricotta.” Topped with Wild Purveyors shitake mushroom “bacon” bits [Healthier and vegan version of grand-prize winning recipe published in Taste of Home Magazine] http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/five-cheese-macaroni-with-prosciutto-bits
3) Clarion River Organics sweet potato (yam) hash browns, caramelized onions, Cajun seasoning
4) Blueberry-banana pancakes with chia seeds, organic virgin coconut butter, Grandma Z’s Maple Haus dark amber maple syrup
5) Asian- inspired chili with Clarion River Organics black beans, coconut jasmine rice, Non-GMO Project verified tamari sauce, Bluebird Farm’s certified organic Serrano chilies and homemade Sriracha alternative (NO sugar, corn syrup, guar gum, xanthan gum & preservatives found in Chinese staple condiment) [Updated version of another contest-winning recipe] http://www.marketdistrict.com/Create/Recipes/Detail.aspx?RecipeID=1399&RecipeCategoryID=8&Page=4
6) Homemade sprouted organic tofu sausages, wrapped in organic kale leaves and grilled
7) Organic baby spinach salad with maple-apple cider vinaigrette, red onion, toasted organic rolled oats, cashew “ricotta”
8) Pan seared Clarion River Organics cornmeal-coconut grit cakes
9) Self-serve brewed organic, fair trade coffee and tea with homemade almond milk, homemade coconut milk and maple syrup
10) Juice counter for make-your-own orange and tomato juices. This event is hosted at BYOB restaurant. Guests may bring vodka and champagne to make bloody Mary and mimosa. Martini olives, celery sticks and hot sauce will be provided.
This is reservation-only event and guests must pay in advance. Don’t miss early RSVP discounted rate! To get your seat, see website http://ZestWishes.CO and click “EVENTS.” Recipes for dishes served during this event and past pop-up dinners will be published as an eBook for sale. Every guest will get a FREE copy!
Also be sure to RSVP on this group page so that this event is announced to the members.