This is reservation-only event and guests must pay in advance. Use payment button on http://may10brunch.brownpapertickets.com to RSVP. The sooner you buy a ticket, the less you pay.
Enjoy a-whole-new-level vegan brunch items crafted by Chef Mya Zeronis of Lean Chef en Route/ Zest Wishes, using non-GMO, local and organic ingredients and NO refined sugar, factory-produced, processed, overly-packaged, textured faux meats or vegetable protein isolates (eg. TVP, seitan) and faux cheeses (unless she makes them). Chef Mya has a background in globally-inspired contemporary American cuisine, and was recently praised by Pittsburgh Magazine and Muddy Melissa blog. Her vegan-friendly Around The World Pop-Up Dinner Series scored a chef profile in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and write-up by Pop City Media.
Menu (old favorites & new items):
1) Sprouted organic tofu-cauliflower scrambled “eggs,” nutritional yeast, chick peas, homemade almond milk
2) Whole wheat macaroni with homemade, unprocessed “cheddar” and cashew “ricotta.” Topped with Wild Purveyors shitake mushroom “bacon” bits [Healthier and vegan version of grand-prize winning recipe published in Taste of Home Magazine]
3) Clarion River Organics purple potatoes roasted with garlic, extra virgin olive oil, organic lemon juice, organic lemon zest, oregano and thyme
4) Blueberry-banana pancakes with chia seeds, flaxseed meal, Clarion River Organics spelt flour, organic virgin coconut butter, Grandma Z’s Maple Haus dark amber maple syrup
5) Asian- inspired chili with Clarion River Organics black beans, coconut jasmine rice, Non-GMO Project verified tamari sauce, organic chilies and homemade Sriracha (NO sugar, corn syrup, guar gum, xanthan gum & preservatives found in Chinese staple condiment) [Updated version of another contest-winning recipe]
6) Homemade sprouted organic tofu sausages, wrapped in organic kale leaves and grilled
7) Organic baby kale salad, maple- organic raw apple cider vinaigrette, red onion, toasted organic rolled oats, homemade cashew “ricotta”
8) Avocado "eggs" with nutritional yeast-coconut butter "hollandaise"
9) Raw cashew coconut "cheesecake" with gluten-free pecan-date crust, real vanilla, strawberry-maple compote
10) Clarion River Organics cornmeal-coconut grits, toasted coconut flakes
11) Self-serve brewed organic, fair trade coffee and tea with homemade almond milk and maple syrup
12) Juice counter for make-your-own raw fresh juice blends like orange-carrot-pineapple and apple-cucumber-kiwi
Up to two children age 7 or younger, accompanied by paying adult, eat free. For each additional child or those 8-14, there is a $10 suggested donation to No Kid Hungry.
See you there!