The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup Message Board › Any gluten free or soy free vegans here?

Any gluten free or soy free vegans here?

Sara T.
user 19226641
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 138
I'm wondering if there are any gluten-free and/or soy-free vegans in this group.

I would like to discuss nutrition and swap recipes!
Colleen
user 11470556
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 83
hi - I am GF/SF and have been vegan at times. I do eat meat/fish sometimes - but do not eat dairy and rarely eat eggs (my daughter has food allergies so i don't cook with dairy/eggs at home). I eat a lot of beans and nuts and seeds. raw food cookbooks are a good inspiration. I add nuts to many foods. bfast is a pb banana and almonds. i make chick pea burgers, etc. i think you posted about b vitamins on another site? i think nutritional yeast helps with that but not sure....
Sara T.
user 19226641
Pittsburgh, PA
Post #: 144
Thanks Colleen. We recently overcame the soy allergy. I say we because my son is still nursing and he's the one who had an intolerance. We are still gluten free, though I may try a little bit of gluten to see what happens for both my son and I, he of course will be getting it on the flip-side. I haven't consumed gluten for a year and a half now, though I have been 'glutened' a few times and I definitely noticed. We shall see. Thanks for your support.