Tag! You're it! Vancouver Message Board › Tag! You're it! goes NATIONAL!

Tag! You're it! goes NATIONAL!

A former member
A giant smiling salute to all my partners in fun!

Tag! You’re it! Vancouver has now rustled up over 200 members who love running around like fools - laughing, screaming, jumping, dodging and chasing one another just because it's fun! And more and more are joining every week.

I’ve had two organizers in different cities show an interest in hosting tag games for their activity group. I love it! But it’s going to take some work to expand what we’re doing across the country. Any helpers out there?

My plan: The first step is to write out the rules to each of the games we’ve been playing - this needs to include any changes we’ve made and an overview of how to achieve the best results ie: the size of the playing field, number of players etc.

I’m also thinking it would be cool to illustrate the games – through photos, drawings or CGI – maybe even a series of Youtube videos? Any creative folk out there who have time to take on a micro-project?

Eventually what we’ll have is a PDF file that can be sent out to organizers across Canada. We need volunteers to find and make contact with activity/outdoor groups with a penchant for FUN! My hope is that groups from every province will get on board.

If we get a good response – I’d LOVE to plan a nationwide event. We would choose a date and invite all the participating groups to play in their city on the same day. Imagine a day when thousands of Meet-up members are playing tag across Canada!

As excited as I am about the idea, I can’t do this alone. Please send me an email if you’re interested in making this happen. I don’t imagine this being a huge time commitment – it’s more about organizing the details. And I promise to keep it FUN :)

Any comments or suggestions? Tag me back!

Anah

Ps: Tag! You’re it! Halifax is already on board (Yay!) They're first in line for the package.

A former member
Post #: 2
I can't promise anything, but I'll try to bring my camcorder next time.
I could make a short video illustrating each game.

It would be nice to open each segment with someone explaining the rules.
Who would like to work on that part : a short explanation of the basic principles of each game.
Rhonda
user 8055942
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
That's great!

I don't have much in the way of recording equipment outside of my little digicam which only takes very low-rez video, but I can write and I'd be happy to help, and the video editing software on my computer is dead easy to use (I put together a short movie before with it, years ago).

Halifax? Coast to coast in one jump!

-Rhonda
A former member
Post #: 21
Wahoo! So stoked that I'm not alone on this. Whew! People keep trying to convince me that I'm crazy - and then poof! y'all show up to join me :) Not sure what side of the Crazytown border we're on, but I like it!

My guess is that we should focus on getting as much footage as we can at the games. We can choose whether to do stand-ups or voice-overs later. Methinks it'll be more coherent if we get the rules of the games written out first - then record them.

Recording testimonials during the games would be fun too! Lots of fun possibilities - YAY!

In the meantime - anyone up for choosing a game to write the rules for? Pick one! Any one! We'll get to them all eventually :)

Rhonda
user 8055942
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
Stills can also be used in video, so everybody who has photos, if they aren't already posted here, please post them! Oh, and give us permission to use them too, pretty please?

For rule-writing, write them assuming the person has never played before. Even something as straightforward as "What time is it, Mr. Wolf?" (which I think we should play again, that was funny)

I can start with our reliable standby, fox & squirrel, and some general info on variations for group size; I know we were discussing that after a few game days.

-Rhonda
Noel
user 6851579
Surrey, BC
Post #: 55
I can bring my camera again next time and do some more fliming and photos for it. I also still have the winter wonderland footage thats still good to use.

I also have some CG's that i've been working on:

http://www3.telus.net...­
A former member
Post #: 22
FUNNY! Love it. Any chance you can get them laughing or smiling? You rock Noel.

And YAY Rhonda! Fox and Squirrel is a great place to start. I'm cool with you bouncing it my way to do a read through - and I might even rope Zubin in - the 10 yr old whiz who'll make sure it makes sense!

Rhonda
user 8055942
North Vancouver, BC
Post #: 5
Great job on the CG, Noel.

I have only two suggestions - can they be smiling, and can you swap their positions? If I didn't know it was intended to be a game of tag, that would be one scary picture - big scowling guy chasing scared-looking girl? Not really the image we want...

-Rhonda
Noel
user 6851579
Surrey, BC
Post #: 56
No prob. Not exactly the look I was looking for either. I was kinda trying trying to make it looks like "The angel of death is closing in" but didn't get it to look right. I would be inclined to shoot more for the smiles or comedic "OMG" expressions. Also I will make poses of men chasing after other men too so not to make it appear the women are being picked on.
Noel
user 6851579
Surrey, BC
Post #: 57