Apr 13, 2013 · 8:15 AM
This location is shown only to members
Please Note: Read all the directions below BEFORE your RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) I will be organizing a carpool for this event BUT you need to attend both events that I'm planning for the day. Otherwise, its better that you drive on your own or with other members who are not attending both events that I'm hosting.
3) If you carpool please give your designated driver $20 for gas and car maintenance costs.
4) The Greenhouse and Nursery Tour doesn't start until 11 AM. However, we will be having breakfast at a TBD restaurant on the way to Carpinteria which is my we are leaving at 8:15 AM.
5) The carpool site is at the Sepulveda Garden Center at: 16633 Magnolia Blvd, Encino
From the 101 freeway heading north, exit on Hayvenhurst which is the 1st exit after passing the 405 freeway intersection. Make a left on Hayvenhurst, then a right on Magnolia Blvd.
6) Call me (do not text) at[masked] when you arrive at the either the carpool site or Westerlay Orchids.
7) Print out this map of the greenhouses and nurseries we willtry to visit that day: http://www.carpinteriafarmtours.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/MapBrochure2013.pdf
8) I have to end the tour around 1:15 PM, so there's a good chance we might not be able to visit all 7 places participating sites. If you are not carpooling with me, then you are welcome to stay later.
By now, many of you know I love gardens and flowers and try to attend as many garden tours and floral related events during April and May. One day a year, the city of Carpinteria hosts a FREE greenhouse and nursery tours. Carpinteria has probably the highest concentration of greenhouses devoted to flowers in the state, if not the country. So come join me for this flower power visit and bring your camera!