Please Note: Read all the instructions below BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) You MUST prepurchase your ticket online BEFORE you can RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
3) To purchase the $25 ticket online, go here: http://missionhillsgardenclub.org/garden-walk.php
4) This event involves walking for at least 2.5 miles on city streets. So you must be physically capable of walking that distance without major effort.
5) I will be arranging for a carpool at the B of A parking lot on the corner of Santa Monica Blvd. and Butler. Its 4 blocks West of where the 405 freeway and Santa Monica Blvd. intersect. We will be meeting at 7:30 AM SHARP.
6) If you carpool, please give your driver at least $30 in CA$H to reimburse for gas and car maintenance costs.
7) We will have breakfast at a TBD restaurant on the way down to San Diego. We will also have lunch after the walking tour. So bring at least $50 in CA$H for breakfast and lunch.
8) After the walking tour, if we still have time, we will stop by the Oceanside Museum of Art. Admission is $8 per person. Address to the museum is:
704 Pier View Way
Oceanside, CA 92054
9) The estimated time of return to LA is between 6 PM and 7 PM. So this is an ALL DAY event.
I have a goal to attend every garden and house tour available tot eh public in SoCal. The reason is this allows me to explore neighborhoods and areas I am not familiar with on a detailed basis. I have driven and walked through section of the Mission Hills neighborhood in San Diego. It is one of the oldest neighborhoods in the entire state and one of the most beautiful The houses tend to be large and tend to have large gardens. Its located between the popular Hillcrest district and the tourist trap Old Town San Diego. So come join me as we explore this neighborhood's gardens in more detail and hopefully we will discover many hidden gems along the way.
The posted pictures are from gardens that were featured in prior years. Each year, the gardens on tour are different.
If there's still time on the way back to LA, we will go for a 'bonus round' which will involve visiting the Oceanside Museum of Art.
From their website:
"The 15th annual Mission Hills Garden Walk, themed "Something for everyone," takes place Saturday May 11, 10am-4pm. Held the day before Mother's Day, this popular event is a 2.5 mile walking tour starting at the Mission Hills Nursery and visiting 10 gardens. As with past Garden Walks, there will be artists painting and musicians performing in many of the gardens.
Any questions call:[masked]
Annually, on the Saturday before Mother's Day, the Mission Hills Garden Club hosts its Garden Walk. With its mix of historical architecture and sensational gardens, the walk always offers plenty for garden enthusiasts to admire.
The walk always begins at the Mission Hills Nursery, which Kate Sessions, "Mother of Balboa Park," created. A great way to avoid the crowds is to walk the route backwards, this enables you to enjoy a leisurely walk at your own pace and enjoy this truly beautiful neighborhood with all it's mature gardens and historical homes."