Please Make Note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here before RSVP-ing to this Event. Cancelling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!
I've read about the many wonderful dishes are Bestia since the start of this year that I think it's time that me, you, and a few other Pleasure Palate members pay a visit to this dining establishment.
LA Times' Jonathan Gold, our very own Pulitzer Prize Food Critic here in Los Angeles, describes his Bestia dining experience... "What we're tasting...is a new, anti-California cuisine, Italian cooking that willfully turns its back on the lessons taught by Wolfgang Puck, Mark Peel and Celestino Drago, among others, food whose flavors are neither amplified nor perfected but are simply presented as themselves. You may think the cassoeula — or the simply grilled orata, Italian sea bass, stuffed with boiled broccoli rabe; or the chunky cavatelli pasta tossed with chopped black truffles, sausage and cheese — are rather bland. I think they may be among the most purely Italian dishes I have ever tasted in Los Angeles. The sentiments do not necessarily contradict one another."
Miss Super Anonymous herself, Besha Rodell, Food Critic at LA Weekly, particularly picks Bestia as one of the 99 Essential Restaurants of 2013 before the year is up. She describes the food and drink as such, "The beef tartare is beef-heart tartare; the carpaccio might be made from tendon. Menashe makes his own charcuterie and pastas, and does a smashing job with both. His style is one of maximizing flavors rather than creating contrasts, like pairing iron-rich chicken gizzards with earthy beets, or scallop crudo with squid-ink bottarga — deep on deep; fresh fish on fish funk. The cocktails and the wine program are both serious and fun, and Gergis' desserts, while more simple and straightforward than the rest of the menu, are not to be missed."
However, my all time favorite restaurant review comes from Yelper Rachel C from New York. She simply writes, "I've only been here once but it was awesome!"
Care to join me for dinner and drinks at Bestia? Well, you better RSVP now to reserve your seat at the table.
Bestia website: http://www.bestiala.com/index.php
Sunny, Co-Organizer for Pleasure Palate
Stuff to know:
- All other Foodie meetup groups are charging an attendance deposit for your guaranteed attendance. I choose not to require a deposit as I know that you are a responsible diner and fully committed to attending this dinner.
- You are responsible for paying for your own meal and beverages.
- A profile photo of YOU is required if you RSVP Yes. No photos of your pets (although we'd love to dine with pets), flowers, plants, landscape, an avatar, a cartoon, or some object or thing that is not you in human form. If there is no real profile photo of you when you RSVP, I will leave you on the Wait List.
- Parking is either paid valet or street.
- Please make note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here before RSVP-ing to this Event. Canceling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!