Please Make Note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here before RSVP-ing to this Event. Cancelling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!
**IMPORTANT: You will be automatically Waitlisted for this event. When I receive your payment, I will confirm it. Once I confirm your payment, I will move you to a 'Yes'. Please note that this is a joint event between Pleasure Palate and Gay Foodies and I will be the host for both dining groups.
With gas prices and food costs much higher compared to prior years, we had to raise the price to $25 per person. In addition, rather than asking for tips after the meal, I am adding in a $5 gratuity into the total price for the event. Hence, $30 per person.
$31.50 via Pay Pal (www.paypal.com) to [masked]
The extra $1.50 is for the transaction fee that PayPal charges
$30 via Check - Mail the check to:
P.O. Box 1180
Culver City, CA 90232
Payments need to be made by Friday, 06/21/13 to reserve your spot. The payment will cover the entire event. IMPORTANT: You can not just show up for this event. Only a pre-payment will guarantee your RSVP.
All payments are non-refundable after 06/13/13. I have to pay Bludso's in advance of the actual day of the event.
ONLY 25 SPOTS AVAILABLE
Ready for some Texas style BBQ? This will be the seventh or eighth time I've hosted a large party at Bludso's. If you haven't tried Bludso's yet, you are missing out on the best Texas style BBQ in the entire state of CA. Never been to one of my infamous Bludso's BBQ Parties before? Check out this video in YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vzefc-92NA
For $30/31.50, you will get a sampling of the following:
Angus Beef Rib
Mac & Cheese
Desserts - Desserts subject to change based on availability
Sweet Potato Pie
Red Velvet Cake
If that's not enough, check out the glowing reviews of Bludso's in Yelp. They have hundreds of reviews and are still averaging close to 5 stars: http://www.yelp.com/biz/bludsos-bbq-compton
An afternoon savoring tasty BBQ, down home cooking, and family friendly service is definitely an event not to be missed. I look forward to seeing the Gay Foodies carnivores there! :)
Some helpful tips:
1) It will most likely be hot since it will be an afternoon in June. So wear light fabrics, but don't wear light colors. Wear black or something dark in case you get BBQ sauce on your clothes. If you get cold easy, then bring layered clothing.
2) Park in the side streets close to Bludso's. Its safe during daylight hours, even if you drive a fancy car. Just make sure not to leave anything valuable in your car for passersby to be tempted. I have never had any incidents in the last 6 or so events I have hosted at Bludso's, and I want to keep it that way. Sunset isn't until past 8 PM on the day that we will be eating at Bludso's, so there will be more than enough time to enjoy daylight hours while feasting on all that meat.
3) We will be eating at a parking lot, but there will be a tent to provide shade and there will be tables and chairs.
4) If you want to drink beer or wine with your BBQ, then bring your own libation.
5) In past events that I have hosted, there have been leftovers. That'e even after people have had 2nd and 3rd servings of the food. So you can bring tupperware, but you cannot load your tupperware until I have formally announced in the party that you can do so. If I catch you filling up your tupperware or getting extra plates to bring home BEFORE everyone present has had their fill of food, I will escort you out of the event for being too greedy.