Please Make Note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here before RSVP-ing to this Event. Cancelling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!
This will be held in a private venue. Only members with a recognizable photo may attend.
Some folks take a lot of pride in their secret family chili recipe. Some folks take a lot of joy from tasting other people’s chili. Here’s your chance to do it both ways. Please join us for Pleasure Palate’s 1st Annual Chili Cook-off.
The cost to attend will be $5 per person. Proceeds will go to the cost of the rec- room, plates, utensils, and prizes. Any money that is leftover will be donated to our Pleasure Palate meet-up fees.
• Chili rules:
• There will be a blind tasting by our judges. There will also be People's-Choice awards.
• Contestants: We ask that you provide me with a name for your chili and a heat rating. Be creative, such as Chernobyl Chili, or The Torch!
• Bring enough chili to serve 10.
• Bring your entry in a crock pot or electric skillet ONLY. There is no stove or oven available. The kitchen only has a microwave and plenty of electrical outlets and power strips.
• Bring your own serving spoon and any condiments or toppings such as crackers, chopped onions, corn chips, jalapenos, sour cream, olives…whatever floats your boat.
• We welcome chilies of all types: beef, turkey, veggie, white chile, chili con carne, Cincinnati-style…it has spaghetti in it. Secret ingredients will be will be welcomed and revealed after judging
For those who don't wish to compete, potluck side dishes or desserts are also welcome but not mandatory. Like-- cornbread or beer anyone??? But remember chili is the star of this show. Non alcoholic beverages will be provided.
If the weather or the chilies get hot, you are welcome to bring a towel and swimsuit for the pool and Jacuzzi.
Really, you don’t have to cook to attend and judge. Just bring your appetite, be prepared to vote for your favorite and volunteer to lend us a hand in either set-up or clean-up. Make a note of how you can help in "Comments".