July 4, 2013 · 10:45 AM
This location is shown only to members
Please Make Note of Pleasure Palate Attendance Policies and our 3 Strikes Rule by clicking here before RSVP-ing to this Event. Cancelling your RSVP within 24 hours or not showing up at the event without contacting the Organizer ahead of time will result in a strike. 3 Strikes and You're Out!
(Dim sum pictures, courtesy of me)
EVENT MUST KNOWS:
- We will meet inside the lobby at 10:45am. Please try not to be late, as the restaurant may not seat incomplete parties on this holiday. I have reservations for 3 tables of 10 for 11:00am.
- Family-Style Dining: Dining for this event has been designated as Family-Style. The food bill will be split evenly between all attendees. Attendees will be responsible for paying for their own beverages. Please note that flexibility is an important part of family-style dining, and if you want to take a chance on attending, you have to be amenable to what the group/AO will order. You don't have to eat everything that is ordered, but everyone pays equally, whether you eat everything or not. Why this policy? The goal for family-style dining is to allow for the entire group to sample as wide a variety of dishes as possible. If one or more attendees choose to order on their own, that limits the group's choices, which defeats the purpose of what Family-Style Dining is all about. In addition, most of the dishes we order will be moderately to very spicy. If this definition of Family-Style Dining doesn't feel comfortable, this may not be the right type of event for you.
- Yelp Reviewers give Atlantic Seafood & Dim Sum an average of 3.0 stars out of 5.0, from over 125 reviews. You can read those reviews here: http://www.yelp.com/biz/atlantic-seafood-and-dim-sum-restaurant-monterey-park-2
- Cost per person is anticipated to be about $15.00 to $20.00, depending on how much food we order, any beverages plus tax and gratuity. Please bring at least $25.00 in CASH to settle your portion of the bill.
- Parking is located underground. Please use the entrance off Hellman Avenue or Atlantic Boulevard. Once you've parked, head up towards the plaza level. From there, go to the north side of the plaza toward 24 Hour Fitness. You will see the elevator and stairway leading up to Atlantic Seafood & Dim Sum.
- The night before this event, I will email my cell number to all attendees so that you can call or text me if you arrive before I do, or are running late, or are lost.
Recently, a few of my friends and I have started having dim sum here on weekdays because of their outrageously low promotional price of $1.58 per plate, with specialty dim sum plates such as roast pork costing only $3.16. My most recent trip here was on Monday, June 24th, and for $50 (tax and tip included), I was able to order enough dim sum to easily feed 5 people.
Since the last time I hosted a dim sum brunch here almost a year ago, Atlantic Seafood was still inconsistent with the dim sum they were producing with some dishes being delicious, while others, particularly the Har Gow (shrimp dumpling), were not prepared well at all (the Har Gow's wrap fell apart very easily and the shrimp inside had a very mushy consistency). However, of the past couple months, the preparation has improved.
I figured it's about time to host another dim sum brunch here, especially since it's been almost 2 months since the last dim sum outing offered through Pleasure Palate. Since we will be dining on a holiday, the price for the dim sum will be $1.88 per order instead (with specialty dim sum costing $3.78 per order).
So, if you haven't made any plans for the morning of the 4th of July, consider joining us for this brunch!