Oct 19, 2013 · 9:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Please Note: Read the directions carefully below BEFORE you RSVP 'Yes' for this event.
1) I am hosting this event for both Gay Foodies and Pleasure Palate.
2) Bring about $20 in CA$H for this event. When you arrive at the venue, call me at:[masked]-4099. Do not text me.
3) I need to leave by 11 AM, so its important you arrive by 9:30 AM.
4) I highly recommend family style ordering so that we can try out as many food vendors as possible.
5) Secure free public parking for the Taste of Soul can be found at the at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza located at the the intersection of Crenshaw and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvds. There is also ample street parking on the streets adjacent to the festival. - See more at: http://tasteofsoulla.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9471&Itemid=265#sthash.BTHe8hXp.dpuf
6) Here is the list of food vendors participating: http://tasteofsoulla.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9465&Itemid=261
For the last several years, I have seen billboards near my work site advertising a Taste of Soul. Supposedly its the largest African American cultural celebration in LA. Well if its truly the largest, then there will be a large selection of food vendors to choose from and I love BBQ, Soul Food and Creole! So come with me as we feast on delicious food that takes us closer to God (literally since if you eat it non stop you will get a heart attack)!
Call me when you arrive. I will assign a food vendor for each attendee to go and buy food from. We will meet at a designated table/seating location and feast on our collected food samples family style.